My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://homebrewrecipes.kirschbaum.co.nz and update your bookmarks.

Oct 27, 2010

Comparison chart for NZ online store prices

Store Hauraki Homebrew Brewshop.co.nz Liberty Brewing Dunedin Malthouse
Yeast
Safbrew S-33 $5.10 $4.95 N/A N/A
Safale S-04 $5.70 $5.95 $5.18 * $6.00
Safale US-05 $5.10 $5.95 N/A $5.50
Saflager S-23 $7.20 $6.95 $6.90 (W34/70) * $7.20
Safwheat WB-06 $7.00 $6.95 N/A $6.00
Hops
Nelson Sauvin $8.20 $6.95 $5.60 ** $11.00
NZ Hallertau $7.10 $7.95 $5.52 ** $11.00
Sticklebrack $7.10 $6.95 $ ** $11.00
Cascade $10.80 $7.95 $6.12 ** $11.60
Centennial $11.80 $10.95 N/A N/A
Czech Saaz $11.80 $8.95 $7.20 ** $11.90
Goldings $10.80 $8.95 $7.80 ** $11.50
Malt Extract
Coopers Amber (1.5kg) N/A $18.95 N/A N/A
Black Rock Amber (1.5kg) $15.90 N/A N/A $15.50
Muntons Medium (1.8kg) $17.30 N/A N/A $16.90
Light DME (1kg) $21.60 (Muntons) N/A $12.50 (Halcyon) N/A
Crushed Grains (1kg)
Amber Malt $5.10 $3.95 $5.95 (UK) $8.00
Pilsener Malt GER $5.10 $4.95 $5.00 $5.00
Wheat Malt $5.10 $4.95 $5.50 $7.00
Chocolate Malt UK $5.60 $5.95 $5.95 $8.00
Beer Kits
Coopers standard range N/A $13.95 N/A $
Coopers brewmaster range N/A $19.95 N/A $
Black rock 1.5kg range $19.10 N/A N/A $19.10
Muntons 1.5kg range $19.30 N/A N/A $19.50
Muntons 1.8kg range $21.90 N/A N/A $23.50
Shipping (to Auckland) $0.00 *** $6.00 **** $7.50 ***** $8.00

Liberty Brewing Notes

*Yeast sold per gram. Price adjusted to 11.5g bags

** Sold in 250g bags. Price adjusted to per 100g

Shipping price notes

*** If over $38.00. Otherwise $3.80

**** 1.01kg - 15kg

***** Nationwide courier bag up to 12kg

4 comments:

  1. I'm doing mostly partial mash recipes. So, based on the above, I would buy my yeast, hops and DME from Liberty Brewing.

    For crushed grains, I'd probably also get them from Liberty. While the Brew Shop looks to have the best grain prices, the extra shipping cost for ordering from both stores just wouldn't be worth it.

    The downside with Liberty Brewing is that they don't really have any malt extract (aside from the Halcyon DME), which I need for partial mash brewing. They're also limited on the yeast selection. I'll probably just pick these up from Hauraki, or my local Home brew supply shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/2/11

    Great chart, any chance of an update on prices and maybe some more grains included?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers. I'll do another update soon. I just ordered my most recent ingredients for a partial mash IPA from Hauraki Homebrew. The great thing with them is they'll deliver free if you're in the Auckland area and your order is over about $38. So it ended up working out cheaper than Liberty, who I was really keen to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10/5/11

    I've purchased from Dunedin Malthouse, Hauraki and Brewshop.co.nz and I have to say I got the best value from Brewshop and the quickest service. I see they now have DME at a good price as well.

    ReplyDelete